I have sent out five queries today! It is the beginning of my querying adventure for my latest manuscript I finished, and I’m sure will be a long and patience-inducing adventure.
The last time I tried to query, it was for a different manuscript that wasn’t ready. I’m sure the self-doubt will creep in here shortly, but I feel positive about this manuscript. It’s better crafted, has strong characters and plot, flows well, and its concepts are better articulated.
So now the waiting game begins. The anxious, trying-to-stay-still, deliberately not checking email fifteen times a day waiting.
To make matters worse, I noticed a typo on one of my queries AFTER I sent it. On the word count, no less. I somehow switched two numbers around, which makes it substantially bigger than the actual count. I’m feeling pretty stupid, but am endeavoring to not let it get me down. It was a silly mistake to make and quite avoidable, but it is what it is now . . . I’ll just have to live with it.
Meanwhile, I’ll be continuing to work on Book 2 and the short stories I have cooking in my head. The deadlines for two literary magazines I’ve been watching are coming up shortly and I have short stories I’d like to submit.
I hope you all have a lovely and creative week!