About two weeks ago I was informed by the engaging Cheryl Fassett of Catching Fireflies that she has nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Hop!
Yes, this post in response is a little late. I’m sure this is a broken record at this point – life got in the way: family time, moving, work, writing, etc. But whatever, I’m writing it now, and am flattered to be nominated for this! It’s also been a lot of fun checking out all of the other nominated blogs out there.
The rules for One Lovely Blog Hop are as follows: list 7 interesting facts about myself and nominate 10 other blogs I find awesome to join the blog hop.
So first, 7 interesting things about myself:
1) I actually finished my first novel at 14… whether or not that manuscript could actually be defined “good” or worth anything is another question.
2) I have four adorable dairy goats who provide me with very yummy milk to make cheese with. (Okay, so only two of them really give me milk – one is an old granny who’s more than content being retired, and another is a male). That being said, I make and sell cheese.
3) I wrote a 95 page thesis on the philosophy behind the rise and fall of democracy, studying Plato, Aristotle, and Thucydides to prove that they still have modern day relevance and applicability.
4) I once went on a road trip by myself through the Redwoods and Sequoia forest of California, as well as death valley, in an attempt to do some soul-searching.
5) I worked as a lighting technician for the university through my undergrad degree, and wore a giant set of keys that got me into almost every building and door on campus. Don’t worry, I didn’t let the power go to my head.
6) During most of my teenage years I helped my parents build our straw-bale, solar-powered, environmentally friendly home – while living in interesting places like a hut made of mud, a cabin on Mt. Hood, and above a pre-school.
7) I love pretty much every creature I get my hands on. Yes, that includes spiders, small rodents, and snakes. The exception is small dogs. I haven’t met very many of those I’ve actually liked.
And my 10 blog shoutouts! (I apologize ahead of time for making all of you do stuff.) These are ten blogs that I find interesting to read and enjoy. In no particular order, some of my favorites are as follows:
There you go! Have fun checking them out, and thank you again Cheryl Fassett.